General Data Protection Regulation
GDPR is an EU law which came into force on 25 May 2018.
Personal data is any information we keep about someone which can identify them. In practice this is our membership database. Processing is using that information in any way.
GDPR sets out six principles for data processing:
• It must be processed fairly and in a transparent manner.
• The information collected, stored and used must be for a specified purpose.
• It must only be used in a way that are relevant to that purpose.
• It must be accurate and kept up to date, and where found to be inaccurate is erased or rectified “without delay”.
• It must not be kept for longer than is necessary for the specified purpose.
• The organisation must ensure appropriate security to guard against loss or unauthorised or unlawful processing.
Liverpool Supporters Union, Spirit of Shankly (SOS) are committed to ensuring protection of all personal information that we hold, and to provide and to protect all such data. We recognise our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet the requirements of GDPR.
Liverpool Supporters Union, Spirit of Shankly (SOS) are dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our control and in maintaining a system that meets our obligations under the new regulations.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal membership record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We do not pass on personal data of our members to any third party. However, should our policy ever change, we will inform you. In advance of any change, we will enable you to opt out of this through our website.
You can currently amend the personal details we hold by visiting our membership database https://app.loveadmin.com/Login/954BAD4EEE91F80F56BFC629D5E2A2C6.htm. Log on and access your personal details page where you can update your personal details.
LoveAdmin are Data Processors we use for the managment of our membership data.
We currently only use the personal data of our members to email our membership with the monthly newsletter, give notice of our AGM, remind you to renew your membership and for the occasional survey.
We will erase your personal data if you ask us to cancel your membership.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to EDT, 98 Great Homer Street, Liverpool, L5 3LF.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.